Several years ago I had the opportunity to support a growing consulting firm with their transformation to Scrum. It's been exciting to watch Highland Solutions learn, adapt, and grow as a team in their ability to organize and deliver great client solutions.
The attached Case Study describes their approach and some of their learning along the way. It also highlights the significant benefits they've seen as a result of their Agile Transformation. There were multiple challenges being faced by the organization in 2012 when they began their agile journey:
- The organization was technically savvy, but lacked consistent processes for developing and delivering client solutions.
- There was also a growing disconnect between the leadership team and the millennials who made up the workforce.
- Leadership was concerned about how to best engage the young and highly mobile workforce.
- Finally, as a small and privately held firm, there was little sharing of financial or performance information outside the leadership team.
Since moving to Scrum in 2013, the company performance has been nothing short of remarkable.
Agile directly helped with:
- Increasing the accuracy of delivery dates by using each team’s velocity and the client’s project backlog.
- Improving overall organization capacity and resource planning.
Download the Highland Solutions Case Study on Agile Transformation