How does an organization decide it is time to hire an Agile Coach? What are the indications that coaching is needed?
Last week I wrote about exit criteria for Agile Coaching - how to know when you no longer need a coach. Thanks to those of you who shared your insights! This week I am looking at 'entrance criteria' for coaching. That is, how would an organization know that they needed a coach?
Here are some of the ideas that I came up with. What do you think? When should an organization hire a coach?
- You have a team doing grassroots agile and they are either struggling or failing to mature and grow
- You have a team but no Scrum Master, or the Scrum Master is not trained or knowledgable
- Organization wants to effectively run their first Agile pilot team
- You recognize that you are a command and control organization who wants to be more agile
- You’ve piloted Agile and want to scale up
- You have a coach but you feel you’ve outgrown her/him
- Your organization's agile-antibodies are attacking your teams