Course Summary - Agile and Scrum Training for Teams
The Agile and Scrum Training for Teams Course is a hands-on agile training workshop designed to be delivered to entire Scrum Teams at once. This includes the three Scrum Roles: the cross-functional Development Team, the Product Owner and the Scrum Master.
The benefits of this approach is that it accelerates team development, the team benefits by using their actual sprint work in the course exercises, and the team can share their specific challenges and make decisions on improvements. There is also a significant team-building component of the Agile and Scrum Training approach which accelerates team development. This course may be customized to your specific needs by including coverage of Lean Principles, Extreme Programming technical practices, and Kanban.
Who Should Attend
This training course is optimized for new Scrum Teams including the developers, architects, testers, Scrum Masters and Product Owners. Key team stakeholders such as managers and subject matter experts are also encouraged to attend.
- Agile Values and Agile Principles
- Overview of Scrum Roles, Meetings and Artifacts
- Developing Your Team Vision and Charter
- Creating an Initial Product Backlog
- Planning for Your First Product Release
- How to Create Effective User Stories
- Sizing and Estimating in Scrum
- Conducting Sprint Planning
- Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives
- Use of Kanban (optional)
Key Learning Outcomes
Following Agile and Scrum training, participants will be able to:
- Describe the benefits of Agile and Scrum
- Plan and initiate their first Scrum project
- Create a product backlog and plan their overall project
- Understand their role on an Agile team and what is expected of them
- Develop a detailed plan for their first sprint
- Develop working software in their first sprint
- Close their first sprint with an effective sprint review and retrospective
Agile and Scrum Training Course Details
- Designed to be delivered to complete Scrum Teams, with up to 30 participants total
- Courses are delivered at your facilities with all Scrum Team members all in the same room
- This 2-Day course includes numerous hands-on exercises and workshops
DOWNLOAD FLYER GET QUOTE
"I absolutely recommend the Agile and Scrum for Teams course. Anthony is an excellent instructor and the curriculum is super understandable and useful. I also liked that it was specifically focused on our project."
— Carma S. (April 2017)