The two-day Agile for Leaders Training course provides leaders with the understanding and tools they need to effectively lead Agile and Scrum teams. The course provides a brief overview of Agile Values and Principles, lean concepts, and a summary of the most popular agile frameworks. Leaders will understand common Agile terminology and practices, why those practices are used, and how to support teams to master them. The course also explores recommended metrics and reports for Agile teams and how to avoid asking teams to report on the wrong things.
This course addresses the key leadership traits needed to be effective with Agile and how to create a receptive environment for Agile to succeed. It also explores in detail how to successfully facilitate a transition from waterfall to Scrum in an organization. Participants will learn how to support, coach and lead Agile teams to maximize the benefits of Agile in their organization.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for executives, PMO leaders, managers, stakeholders and others who play a leadership role in an Agile environment or are responsible for helping Agile teams succeed.
- Agile Introduction & The Agile Leaders Role
- How really Scrum works
- Principles of XP, Lean SW Development & Kanban
- Common Agile Practices & Concepts
- Metrics and Reporting for Agile Teams
- Coaching Skills for Agile Leaders
- Team and Leadership Tools
- How to Lead an Agile Adoption or Transformation
Key Learning Outcomes
Following this training, participants will be able to:
- Articulate the business case for Agile
- Understand the Scrum Framework and what to expect from Scrum Teams
- Implement effective Agile metrics
- Coach and Lead Agile teams effectively
- Apply the correct leadership tools for the situation
- Understand and remove organizational impediments to Agile success
- Support an Agile Pilot or Transformation
- Designed to be delivered for up to 20 Participants
- Courses are delivered at your facilities
"I recommend the Agile for Leaders Training Course. The commentary on real-life successes and failures during Agile transition was helpful. Agile for Leaders provided an introduction to the end-to-end process of Agile Transformation."
— Kurt M. (March 2017)