Agile For Practitioners is a hands-on training course that provides participants with a deep understanding of Agile frameworks, practices, and techniques. Participants will also learn about the culture that supports the principles and values of Agile.
This is a highly interactive course that leverages real-world examples from Scrum, Lean, Kanban and other Agile methods. Participants will work in teams to experience and apply Agile through the course exercises to plan, organize Agile teams, create backlogs, and develop solutions using Agile and Scrum. This course meets the PMI-ACP® education requirements.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for agile team members, PMO leaders, project managers and leaders who need an in-depth understanding of Agile frameworks and practices or who are seeking the PMI-ACP® certification.
- Introduction to Agile
- Overview of Agile Methods
- Value Driven Development
- Planning Agile Projects
- Leading Agile Teams
- Leading Beyond the Team
- PMI-ACP® Certification Overview
- PMI-ACP® Certification - Practice Exam
Key Learning Outcomes
Following this training, participants will be able to:
- Explain various Agile frameworks and why they are used—including Scrum, XP, Lean, and Kanban
- Apply Scrum to your projects
- Create a product backlog and user stories
- Explain what leadership looks like in an Agile environment
- Comprehend various Agile concepts including Value-Driven Delivery, Stakeholder Engagement, Team Performance, Adaptive Planning and Continuous Improvement
- Gain insight on how to create transparency using Agile communications tools
- Become a better Agile project practitioner
- Understand how to establish an Agile team and help encourage high-performance
- Learn to effectively manage project scope, schedule, budget and quality through the use of Agile controls
- Learn how to apply servant leadership
- Understand the knowledge and experience requirements necessary to apply for and pass the PMI-ACP® certification exam
- Gain insights, techniques, and skills to successfully coach and mentor agile teams
- This course is hosted at Northwestern University in Chicago IL
- This 4-Day course includes numerous hands-on exercises and workshops
Date: January 22 - 25, 2017
Time: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Location: Wieboldt Hall, 339 E Chicago Avenue
"I love the hands-on experience through the various exercises. I would recommend this course considering that I have not been trained in Project Management or Agile but recently promoted to this role, this course was helpful in providing a good foundation"
— Lakecia W. (October 2017)
"I absolutely recommend the Agile for Practitioners course. I feel like I learned all of the basics of Agile and came away with ideas for how I'm going to apply what I learned to my job. And, it was fun! The real-world examples provided by the instructor and the group exercises of this course were very effective in reinforcing the material."
— Brooke S. (October 2017)