The Scrum Product Owner Training Workshop is a two-day course that covers the principles of Scrum and agility, the role of the Product Owner, building and sustaining a product vision, and managing a Product Backlog. The workshop dives deep into the role of the Product Owner, going beyond simple product backlog management.
Who Should Attend
This workshop will be most useful to individuals who are in the role of Product Owner for a Scrum Team. It is ideal for Product Owners who are new to the role, those Product Owners needing a refresher, and the business analysts, subject matter experts and managers in the organization who need to understand the Product Owner role.
- Scrum Review – The WHYs
- The Role of the Product Owner
- Growing and Realizing the Product Vision
- Managing the Product Backlog
- Planning Releases
- PO Patterns and Anti-Patterns
- Getting Started
Key Learning Outcomes
At the end of this course, participants will be able to demonstrate ways to:
- Quantify value to validate product vision
- Introduce Lean Startup concepts, including MVPs, MMPs, and Hypothesis-Driven Development
- Evaluate portfolio options – TCO, ROI, etc.
- Effectively manage Product Backlogs
- Forecast product releases
Assessment & Certification
- The Scrum Product Owner Training Workshop prepares attendees for Scrum.org’s Professional Scrum Product Owner Level I (PSPO I) and Professional Scrum Product Owner Level II (PSPO II) certifications.
- These industry recognized certifications require a minimum passing score on their associated assessments (not included in this course) Scrum.org maintains a public list of everyone holding the PSPO I and PSPO II credentials.
Details for the Scrum Product Owner Training Course
- The Product Owner Training course can accomodate up to 30 participants total
- Courses are delivered at your facilities with participants all in the same room
- This 2-Day course includes numerous hands-on exercises and workshops
“I’ve used Vitality Chicago to train our team and found that the Professional Scrum Foundations Training course was a great foundation for everyone to really get a sense of what SCRUM is all about. The class was very engaging and everyone was able to participate no matter their background. I also took the Scrum Product Owner Training Course through Vitality Chicago and it was extremely complimentary to the PSF class.”
— Tomas J. (May 2016)