- This event has passed.
Agile Estimating and Planning
June 7 @ 9:00 am - June 8 @ 5:00 pm$775
Course Summary – Agile Estimating and Planning
The Agile Estimating and Planning Course provides participants with the tools they need to get an Agile project off on solid footing. Planning for Agile projects starts with the big picture of product roadmaps and release plans, and drills down into the work that an Agile team will do within an iteration. Participants will learn how to plan for iterative and incremental solution development, and how to address change in a plan.
The course also looks at the two types of estimates used on agile projects, relative estimates in story points and absolute estimates in ideal days. Participants will learn when to use each of these, and how to include the entire team for more accurate estimates that team members will support.
Who Should Attend
The Agile Estimating and Planning Course will be most useful to project managers, program managers, business analysts and others who are familiar with estimating and planning traditional projects and need to be effective when planning agile projects.
Course Outline – Agile Estimating and Planning
- Agile Planning
- Planning for Value in Agile Projects
- Estimating Techniques
- Building Your Agile Schedule
- Iteration (Sprint) Planning
- Tracking and Communicating
- Multi-Team Planning
Key Learning Outcomes
- To provide a reasonable depth of understanding in Agile Estimating and Planning techniques
- Learn various planning tools
- Learn in detail about estimating stories, product backlogs, tasks, and team velocity
- To provide insights in to sizing techniques
- To provide participants the opportunity to plan and estimate an agile project
- This course is hosted at Northwestern University in Chicago IL
- This 2-Day course includes numerous hands-on exercises and workshops
- This course qualifies as education contact hours for the Project Management Institute’s Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP®) exam.