Agile Training in Chicago, IL
Starting and Running Your Dojo
August 19 @ 8:30 am - August 20 @ 4:00 pm$1200
Faced with the challenges of multiple new technologies, processes, and ways of thinking, many organizations are embracing Dojos – immersive learning centers – as a great way of quickly upskilling their staff as well as creating a cultural and organizational transformation.
But How Do You Start?….
If you are interested in starting your Dojo, then this workshop is for you.
Rather than being prescriptive, the workshop will guide participants in defining a strategy and format that enables them to create a Dojo meeting the specific learning goals of their organization. The workshop covers Dojo values, formats for offerings, and practices.
- Understanding how to execute the entire Dojo life cycle including intake process for teams, chartering Dojo engagements, the format of the engagements, and post-Dojo follow-up
- Defining your initial Dojo offerings
- Designing your Dojo’s physical space and determining equipment needs
- Marketing the Dojo inside your organization
- Defining Dojo metrics you will use to show the value your Dojo provides
- Strategies for hiring and growing Dojo coaches, product owners, and operations managers
Participants will leave this workshop with all the knowledge they need to create a Dojo in their organization. Like the Dojo itself, the workshop is an immersive learning experience combining presentations and interactive experiences covering all aspects of creating and running a Dojo.
(Not sure what a dojo is? Check out our blog here – https://dojoandco.com/blog/ )
Schedule Overview (2 days)
- Dojo engagement life cycle
- Defining offerings (types of engagements)
- Establishing learning competencies (what teams learn)
- Building a Dojo team
- How to choose teams to take part in Dojo engagements
- Defining your intake process
- Chartering Dojo engagements
- Setting up the Dojo space
- Understanding schedules for engagements
- Defining metrics and measurements
- Using the Dojo to make larger organizational changes
- Growing Dojo coaches
- Getting started with your first team
Anyone interested in starting and running a Dojo in their organization. This includes transformation/continuous improvement champions and leaders in product design, agile/lean methods, cloud migrations, DevOps, security, and general engineering practices. It also includes Dojo product owners and coaches (agile, technical, and product) and operations managers, who manage the Dojo on a day-by-day basis.
This workshop is also available as on-site workshop. For more information, please contact us at [email protected].