HELPING TEAMS THRIVE
SUPPORTING AN AGILE TRANSFORMATION
Course Summary – Supporting an Agile Transformation Training Course
Agile methods and tools are growing in popularity – Computer Economics estimated in 2014 that 83% of businesses have future plans to implement Agile. The purpose of the Supporting an Agile Transformation Training Course is to provide managers, project managers, and other leaders an understanding of agile methods, what an agile culture means, and how to support an organization contemplating a transformation from traditional development to agile development.
Whether you are an agile novice or experienced agile practitioner, this course will provide you with a basic understanding of the differences between Agile Adoption, Successful Transition from Waterfall to Scrum, and Agile Transformation in organizations.
Participants will use several culture assessment tools to assess the cultural fit for Agile, and success patterns that other organizations have used to introduce and sustain Agile practices in their organizations. Participants will learn the 8-stage model of leading change based on the work of John P. Kotter. Finally, participants will develop their own custom transformation roadmap based on patterns that others have found useful.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed to support and empower those who are leading or supporting Agile Adoption or an Agile Transformation.
Course Outline – Supporting an Agile Transformation Training Course
- Introduction to Agile
- Benefits of Agile and Why Organizations Transition to Agile
- Tools that Change Agents have found Useful
- Assessing the Culture and Risk of Agile in Your Organization
- Patterns for Successful Agile Introduction and Transformation
- Creating Your Custom Transformation Roadmap
Key Learning Outcomes
- Explain the three leading Agile frameworks and where they are most useful— including Scrum, Kanban, and eXtreme Programming
- Determine the culture of an organization using the Schneider Culture Model, and use the assessment to determine the receptiveness to agile methods
- Describe agile adoption patterns, and why agile adoptions have failed
- Learn to apply the 8-step change model for leading change in organizations
- Create a transformation roadmap tailored to their own organization
- This course is hosted at Northwestern University in Chicago IL
- This 4-Day course includes numerous hands-on exercises and workshops
— Brad W. (July 2017)
“I highly recommend the Agile for Practitioners course. I was very interested in the material and Anthony did a great job explaining. His passion is evident in his teaching.”
— Sam Saliba (October 2017)
TRAINING FOR INDIVIDUALS
- Professional Scrum Master
- Professional Scrum Product Owner
- Agile for Practitioners
- Leading and Coaching Agile Teams
- Agile Estimating and Planning
- Supporting an Agile Transformation